Telecoms Solution Architect - Contract - Outside IR35
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect to join the team on an initial 3 month contract. This role would usually be based out of Vodafone's Newbury office but for the time being will be worked remotely.
We have a maximum day rate of £460 which cannot be exceeded. This role is deemed outside IR35
Working as a Solution Architect within the UK IT Architecture team, you will be supporting the delivery of technical solutions that meet the UK business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the target Global reference architecture and UK architectural principles.
You will be expected to engage with a wider range of stakeholders including project teams, the Vodafone business at all levels, service operations, technology partners and Vodafone Group Architecture/Technology.
- Assist in the definition and governance of the Vodafone UK IT architecture, ensuring that it meets business requirements and performance goals, and that the technical direction is consistent with Vodafone strategy.
- Lead architecture effort for small to medium projects or be a member of an Architecture team for larger programmes.
- Act as a functional and technical expert for either an application, a defined set of applications or a portfolio of related applications within UK Technology.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure compliance to the target architecture throughout the development life cycle.
- Assist in delivering technical solutions that provide business advantage to Vodafone through effective right time, right cost, and right solution design.
- Contribute to and understand the IT Architecture Strategy in conjunction with VF UK Strategy and VF Global vision.
- Application & Data Knowledge of at least one of the following capabilities: Order Management, Provisioning, Security, Online, Enterprise Integration, M2M, & B2B.
- Ability to work within a technical environment performing technical design and/or system analysis roles across technical domains.
- Demonstrated technology background with associated academic technical qualification and/or experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to present technical solutions in easy to understand business language.
- Enthusiastic and keen attitude to developing knowledge in existing and upcoming technologies.
- Ability to build and maintain strong ongoing relationships across a business with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a creative and inquisitive nature to support problem solving and solution design.
- Strong self management skills with the ability to manage own workload to complete assigned tasks to time and quality.
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age