Assistant Head of Corporate Secretariat
As one of Vodafone Strategic Partner we are currently recruiting an Assistant Head of Corporate Secretariat to join the team in Paddington on a Maternity cover. The individual will be responsible for managing the Corporate Secretariat team, with accountability for promoting an environment of strong corporate governance and ensuring Vodafone complies with statutes and regulatory obligations in the UK and US. The individual will add value to the business through leading a team to provide robust advice and engage proactively with key stakeholders, in particular the Group General Counsel and Company Secretary and work with the highest standards of integrity and impartiality. The role will have extensive senior-level engagement as well as management of strategic external stakeholder relationships
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Operational experience: Experience in managing a Corporate Secretariat for a plc, to ensure delivery of all regulatory requirements and core cosec processes
- Technical knowledge: Strong technical knowledge of the UK Companies Act, Corporate Governance Code and UK listing rules (US experience is an advantage, but not essential).
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership: Leadership qualities which are consistent with Vodafone's vision, values and behavioural expectations, including promoting the highest possible professional standards
- Change management: Experience managing a team, specifically with experience in driving change and continuously improving processes, systems and ways of working to ensure the team operates efficiently and effectively and team members develop new skills
- Team development: Providing the team with continual feedback and coaching for ongoing development.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- ICSA qualified
- At least 8 years recent experience in a Corporate Secretariat function, including time with a plc
- Team management with experience of managing change
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Blueprint OneWorld
If you do have any interest please do send your CV through
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age