As one of Vodafone's key strategic partner's we are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join the team in Paddington on an initial 6 months contract.
Joining Vodafone as a Data Engineer, you can be part of their empowering Big Data Team.
With Vodafone you will:
- Source, ingest, wrangle and validate data sets, building pipelines to transform data and produce analytical records for machine learning
- Work alongside Data Scientists to build end-to-end applications that make use of large volumes of source data from the operational systems and output insights back to business systems
- Develop algorithms in collaboration with data scientist and translate them into production systems
- Design and implement highly scalable data systems
- Ensure that the Big Data team produce high performing and stable applications, which perform complex processing of massive volumes of data in a Cloud based analytics platform.
- Proactively work with the rest of the squad to ensure the right quality checks are in place at the various stages of the Data Integration
- Support and contribute, with the rest of the Big Data team of Data Engineering/QA/Data Science, to define best practice for the agile development of applications to run on the Big Data Platform
Apply if you have:
- Experience creating premium data products using Scala, Spark/Python, Hadoop/Cloudera in an Agile delivery
- Expert level experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in Big Data ecosystems.
- Knowledge of building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming and Kafka, or similar technologies.
- Solid experience and expertise across data integration, management and modelling
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
- Successful experience working in cross-functional teams of product owners data scientists, engineers, and technology professionals
- Experience with telco data, digital, and app data highly desirable
- Experience working on the Cloud (ideally Google Cloud)
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Bachelor's or master's degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science Engineering, or related fields
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age