Process and Controls Finance As one of Vodafone strategic partners we are currently looking for a Process and Controls lead to join the team in...
Finance Process and Controls
As one of Vodafone strategic partners we are currently looking for a Process and Controls lead to join the team in Newbury on an initial contract running until the end of March 2020. As Finance Controls and Process Lead, you will have a significant impact in executing SOX audits to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of control structure and operating processes, including presenting recommendations to senior stakeholders on continuous improvements in processes and controls. Strong accounting, audit and analysis skills are required to identify process improvement opportunities
- Promote, maintain and lead a culture of effective and efficient financial internal control throughout the company
- Be expected to lead on controls and audit discussion both internally within Vodafone and with our external auditor.
- Act as subject matter expert on key finance process transformations, assess impacts resulting from changes, provide critical input into the design of new to-be processes, and ensure that change is delivered in controlled way
- Prepare, update and enhance value of the Company's SOX and control documentation and testing with a goal of increasing effectiveness and efficiencies within the processes and controls
- Ensure compliance with the Company's control framework, including Risk Assessment Reviews, Control Activities, and Monitoring actions
- Identify, develop and present ideas to simplify, standardise and automate our processes and controls, present and obtain buy-in from senior stakeholders and execute
- Develop training materials and guidance to managers responsible for implementing and operating controls
- Ensure that all Balance sheet and P&L impacts via control weaknesses are investigated and resolved, to ensure that accounting clarity is improved month on month
- Manage day to day relationship with external, internal and regulatory auditors and facilitate in building an efficient approach to audits that strikes effective balance between risk mitigation and value optimisation
- Provide business with pragmatic approach in managing and resolving process and control issues
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA or appropriate internal audit qualifications
- Experience in working in Risk or Internal Audit functions in industry or through professional services.
- Experience of developing, working in or managing risk, finance and IT functions
- Experience in financial auditing and controls-based auditing or advisory engagements
- Experience in working on audit or advisory engagements over the design and implementation of Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) controls frameworks
- Be output focused and able to work autonomously without day-to-day supervision.
- Be experienced in delivering large and small projects from planning through to completion.
- Be experienced in coaching and developing other members of staff
- Have the ability to develop stakeholder relationships including with external and internal auditors
- Able to influence people in the wider organisation
If you have any interest please do give me a call on 07741660812 or send your CV through
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age