Delivery Manager Radio Base Station Design & BuildAs one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Deployment Lead to join the...
Data Scientist - Python, Hadoop experience
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to join the team in London Paddington to lead the design and development of reusable analytical models, leveraging Big Data and artificial intelligence, to drive global scalability, revenues and cost efficiency's throughout Vodafone Group.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Develops Machine Learning and AI models that are scaled and replicated across markets, leveraging automation.
- Delivers hands-on coding solutions for markets' complex Use Cases using open-source frameworks deployed on Cloud.
- Develops model production framework and unified data formats, critical to sharing models across markets.
- Cross Use Case optimisation and developing recommender systems (model of models), using reinforcement learning.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Experience in developing models and algorithms from large volumes of structured and/or unstructured data in a commercial /consumer / digital environment
- Proven demonstration of value from analytical models across multiple lines of business.
- Deep statistical modelling expertise, including deep learning and reinforcement learning; strong knowledge of applied Artificial Intelligence
- Strong knowledge of Big Data technology (e.g. Hadoop MR, interactive SQL on Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark, Python, SciPy, R, deck.gl, Carto)
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- PhD or Master's or Degree (PhD preferred) on quantitative fields, including but not limited to Statistics, Computer Science Engineering or Artificial Intelligence.
- Proficient in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. Python, Pandas, SciPy, Spark MLlib, R; NLTK nice to have).
- Familiar with leading visualisation tools (e.g. deck.gl, d3.js, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Familiar with implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages.
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age