Digital Solution ArchitectAs one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Digital Solution Architect to join the team in Newbury on...
Fixed Line Solution Architect
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect with Fixed Line experience to join the team in either Newbury or Manchester.
To provide a solution which replaces a customer legacy data service, with a strategic data service.
The key deliverables for a Solution Architect are high-quality, commercially viable solutions that have been approved by clients and internal stakeholders. These solutions must be documented to established standards and the Solution Architect is accountable for the production of the initial documentation detailing the proposed solution that will be contracted with the customer.
The Solution Architect is also accountable for ensuring that Vodafone has a full and clear understanding of the client's requirements for a given piece of work, and for articulating these in a way that supports a timely delivery of a high-quality solution.
A multi-faceted role, the Solution Architect primarily is responsible for three key activities:
- Responsible for developing, understanding and codifying requirements
- Single point of contact for business and customer during requirements capture phase
- Creation of solution designs to solve specific customer problems, starting from agreed requirements moving through conceptual and logical to physical designs; Understanding the limits of candidate products/technologies and identifying high level options to overcome in order to fulfil customer business need/fit with strategy
- Ability to understand the customer business requirements and drivers and to be able to transform them into tangible technical requirements and solutions.
- Representation of the Solution Design organisation in both customer and internal engagements and demonstration of its standards in respect of professionalism and best practice
- Awareness of, and adherence to, any local processes for the Solution Design organisation that may be in operation
- Responsible for technical support to commercial discussions, including bid qualification.
- Responsible for providing costs for Finance approval. This includes responsibility for maintaining a relationship with key vendor contacts in order to obtain costs and validate configurations.
- Responsible for providing the technical component of bid material
- Responsible for supporting the sales team during the bid discussions with the customer
- Responsible for presenting the technical solution to client at peer level
- Responsible for understanding and capturing the customer requirements, using additional resources where appropriate
- Responsible for translating customer requirements into Vodafone language, product-set, etc and producing design documentation according to Vodafone and account-specific standards.
- Responsible for liaising with Product Management and other 'subject matter experts' where additional product knowledge is required
- Responsible for articulating the technical solution to Service and Project Management colleagues within their client-dedicated team and ensuring that the solution design provides for a straight-forward deployment and may be readily managed on an on-going basis
- Responsible for ensuring that all designs include an appropriate network or solution management component to support monitoring, reporting and capacity planning
- Responsible for gaining sign off for technical design (both customer's and internal designs)
- Responsible for the technical relationship with third parties and partners
- Responsible for engaging the Delivery team, if required, to ensure customer project sign off
- Data Service experience
- Must have experience in fixed line telecommunications
- Customer facing /Stakeholder experience
If this role is of interest ad you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age