Fixed Line Solution ArchitectAs one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect with Fixed Line experience to join the...
Digital Solution Architect
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Digital Solution Architect to join the team in Newbury on an 3 month rolling contract.
Vodafone are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Solution Architect with a passion for driving innovation and experimentation based on the latest trends and technologies to join our dynamic Digital Engineering team. In this role you'll be accountable for all technical platform evolutions in your domain, based on continuous technical improvements and through demand from business growth initiatives and project & programme releases.
Working with the Lead Digital Architect, you'll champion the strategic Digital Architecture roadmap and associated practices and standards to define our solutions. You'll work closely with project teams to assure solution conformance and to identify and manage any architectural or programme risks. You also assess the impact of non-Digital projects and programmes on the Digital estate, and identify Digital work required as a result of those impacts.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proven and demonstrable Architecture, Development and Technical Leadership skills (within the Telecom industry would be a bonus).
- Clear logical thinker and problem solver, able to think outside the box with a pragmatic approach to solution development.
- A deep understanding of technical security concepts to protect us and our users.
- A track record of building reliable and safe distributed systems, with an appreciation of the trade-offs made during construction.
- You've experienced good & bad development process, and have a passion for streamlining through automation and tool selection
- You have demonstrable experience of IT strategy definition
- TOGAF and SAFE Agile certified, or extensive experience working in a scaled Scrum or Kanban environment.
- Experience of working within a large corporate environment
- Experience working on eCommerce and self-service applications
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Knowledge of REST web services.
- Experience in Agile ways of working
- Experience in AWS services
- Use of Docker or other container management
If this role is of interest and you would like to know ore then please apply now
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age