Radio Optimisation Engineer - Huawei Tools
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for 2 Radio Optimisation Engineers to join the team in Manchester on an initial 3 month contract. The successful individual must have experience in Huawei Tools and equipment.
- Scope, define & design Radio solutions for Huawei RAN sites (London contractors)
- Drive end-to-end technical solutions whilst transferring these solutions into delivery.
- Decide on alternatives for proposed solutions in case the current design was not possible in implementation.
- Responsible for delivering 2G/3G/4G radio design (site and BSC/RNC level) to meet regional coverage/capacity requirements and nominal plans.
- Responsible for monitoring Radio KPI's that reflect customer experience within the area owner's polygon, allowing the business to differentiate in the market and drive up Net Promoter Score which leads to reduced churn.
- Responsible for ensuring that the regional radio network is designed optimised and performing at the best possible levels according to Beacon II contract and our Best Network targets.
- Responsible to manage Special events
- Work with Vendors, Suppliers, other UK Operators when sharing agreements apply, other Opco's and deployment teams, Service Operations and other networks domains in cross functional teams to improve performance. Radio is the centre of Networks.
- Work with the national Vodafone teams to align on our priorities and be aware of the latest guidelines and feedback about new findings and proposals.
- Develop technical presentations and proposals to the top management.
- Provide feedback to vendor R&D with regards to any issues seen in the equipment or solution.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay ahead of on new technology/technical areas and share information about new solutions available.
A perfect candidate for this role would have:
- Extensive relevant wireless work experience tuning and optimizing high-capacity wireless GSM, WCDMA and LTE networks.
- Experience working with Huawei Radio tools and product portfolios is a must.
- Deep understanding with radio counters and parameters
- Experience in implementing radio features that improves performance
- Experience creating drive routes, drive testing, post-processing, and analysing results.
- Experience proposing post-launch optimization changes and tracking improvements towards target KPIs/SLAs.
- Strong organizational, inter-personal and communication skills
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age