Senior Data Scientist and AI Expert
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist and AI Expert to join their team in Paddington on a contract until September 2019.
Lead the design and development of reusable analytical models, leveraging Big Data and artificial intelligence to drive global scalability, revenues and cost efficiencies throughout Vodafone Group.
- Develops Machine Learning and AI models that are scaled and replicated across markets, leveraging automation.
- Delivers hands-on coding solutions for markets' complex Use Cases using open-source frameworks deployed on Cloud.
- Develops model production framework and unified data formats, critical to sharing models across markets.
- Cross Use Case optimisation and developing recommender systems (model of models), using reinforcement learning.
- Work according to agile methodology framework, leading agile teams and training others, consulting with key stakeholders to ensure analytical solutions meet business needs
- Experience in developing models and algorithms from large volumes of structured and/or unstructured data in a commercial /consumer / digital environment
- Proven demonstration of value from analytical models across multiple lines of business.
- Deep statistical modelling expertise, including deep learning and reinforcement learning; strong knowledge of applied Artificial Intelligence
- Strong knowledge of Big Data technology (e.g. Hadoop MR, interactive SQL on Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark, Python, SciPy, R, deck.gl, Carto)
- Strong commercial mindset, consultative skills, and proven ability of visualising and communicating data in a compelling way
- Experience with telco data, digital, and app data highly desirable
- Experience working on the Cloud (ideally Google Cloud)
- PhD or Master's or Degree (PhD preferred) on quantitative fields, including but not limited to Statistics, Computer Science Engineering or Artificial Intelligence.
- Proficient in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. Python, Pandas, SciPy,, Spark MLlib, R; NLTK nice to have).
- Familiar with leading visualisation tools (e.g. deck.gl, d3.js, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Familiar with implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages.
- Telco experience highly preferable
- Ability to travel 5-10%
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to know then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age